Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 26, 2012

I can't believe  I just got my right foot done less than 3 weeks ago! So far the process has been bearable, sometimes painful, and sometimes questionable. But it's WORTH IT. I had my check up the other day, and my dr was so pleased with the healing of my foot, he went ahead and let me schedule my surgery for next week for my left foot. The steri-strips on my toes started lifting so the nurse cut them down. 

CLOSE UP PIC!!!

|
|
|
|
\/
 
As you can see, the incisions where the metatarsals were cut are healing nicely. The incisions are completely closed so I started putting Mederma and Neospoin on the incisions to help with scarring. The pink at the bottom of the incisions is where some of the scabbing went away. (FYI: MEDERMA IS WAAAY CHEAPER AT WAL-MART THAN ANYWHERE ELSE!!!)
  
My doctor also allowed me to stop wearing the boot unless needed and wear wide sneakers or thick-soled flip-flops or slides.







DRIVING TIME!!!

I got to drive for the first time yesterday to my pre-op appointment . It felt weird at first, but I had no pain because I didnt realize how much I actually used the ball of my foot to drive rather than my toes. I wore some old, worn-in flats because they were the ONLY shoes that would fit, and my doc reminded me the type of shoes I should be wearing, so I immediately went to DSW for some good flip flops and some wide sneakers. I didn't find any sneakers that I would be caught in (I'm ordering some online), but I found some Nike slides, and my feet felt like OMG, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!! Talk about comfy, and for only $21!!

Anyway, here are some more pics of my foot. My bandages really started coming off more today after my shower. I am so excited about how the incisions look! on the 3rd toe, it almost looks like nothing was done. There is a little dried blood and the toes still look a bit gnarly, so..

BEWARE IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH!!
|
|
|
|
|
\/



 Yeah, naasty!! lol. Please excuse the greasiness....


My toes are still pretty swollen, especially from walking on it yesterday without the boot for the first time in over 2 weeks so I'm still resting, elevating, and icing my foot. The corns are starting to fade and my toes are starting to shrink. I especially noticed this wearing my slides...



LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!



Remember what my right foot looked like before??




My toes were longer than it shows in the pic but its hard to tell because
 they were all curled up!


DIET DIET DIET!!

Well I've actually lost a total of 6 lbs since I first started this blog. This is because I've been eating primarily proteins and vegetables and few carbs during the week. One thing that has helped is to eat BREAKFAST DAILY!!! I normally eat before 9am and my usual breakfast is either turkey bacon with 2 hard-boiled eggs or the eggs with some fruit, and I'm satisfied until around 1:30-ish. Lunch hasn't changed, and dinner is around the same lines.

I will say that I've cheated a couple of times when my boyfriend took me out to lunch after dr's appointments or when  he broght some IRRESISTABLE vittles home for dinner. But all in all, I've begun to get used to eating better. And I will say this again DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!! That also helps against hunger. If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water first. Don't starve yourself, but as its been said, sometimes hunger can be confused with thirst, and definitely DON'T underestimate your willpower. Where there's drive, there's always success! 























No comments:

Post a Comment