Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday June 14

Day 4!

Today was much better than yesterday. Yesterday, my foot was hurting SO MUCH to the point where I was thinking to myself, "what have I gotten into??". In addition to that my head was hurting like mad from caffine withdrawl since I haven't have any need for a pick me up since my surgery. But needless to say, PAIN IS BEAUTY.  I still ice and keep my foot elevated throughout the day, but it has been much easier to get around today. I took a shower yesterday and today using a cast cover my boyfriend got me from CVS. I just had to get used to balancing on one foot while resting my bad foot on the side of the tub without killing myself. All I kept thinking the whole time was the commercial where the old lady falls and screams "I've fallen and I can't get up!". I know, corny, but I was really stressing that. I inspected the part of my foot that I can see today, and the only issue I have besides the swelling, dried blood, and overall grotesque appearance, is the fact that my toes  dont seem to have gotten shorter yet. I'm seriously hoping they will soon...

As for my diet, I've been eating primarily salad with turkey on it or soup. This afternoon, I messed up and ate some pizza rolls for lunch...because...they were there. So if you don't want to be caught up eating junk while sitting on your butt, don't have it in the house. I still snack, but i have a cup of fat free jello or pudding, apple sauce, or edemame. I'll be glad when I go to my post-op so I can get the ok to start doing some light exercises or something!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment