Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20, 2102

Day 10!!

OMG, I can't believe my post-op day is already here! But before I get into what happened during my post-op, let me go over the past few days first.....

Since Friday, the pain has subsided and at one point, went away, so I stopped taking the pain medication unless needed. I've been keeping my foot elevated and iced to help the swelling and I've stayed off my foot for a good majority of the time. Saturday, I went out of the house for the first time since surgery. It was just a car ride, but I was out of the house, so I didn't care where I went! I've been wearing my big robotic boot faithfully ever since my surgery, and for those who don't know what the robotic boot looks like, check this baby out......

I'm sexy and I know it!!

Yeah, I can kick the crap out of someone with this thing on....only thing is that I have to lift my leg because this thing is HEAVY!! Also I feel like I'm wearing a heel because when I walk, I have to raise the heel of my left foot to compensate for the height on this boot.


Anyhooo!! My doctor, and his nurse strongly, I repeat, STRONGLY advised against walking anywhere without this massive hoof on until further advised, and I did, until I had to use the bathroom soooooo bad in the middle of the night, I felt like I had no time to put the boot on. I hobbled my a** to the bathroom sucessfully, but on the way back to the bed, OH MY SWEET GOD. Normally I know exactly where I'm going in the dark, but this time, my foot, dead from little use, dragged behind me and just so HAPPENED TO HIT THE FREAKIN TV STAND....If you've ever seen cartoons where the cat is smashed in the head it and sees stars.... that was me. 3:00 am, and I'm SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER in my head, trying to hold back tears and not wake my boyfriend because I know he's going to fuss at me for not wearing my boot. Honestly, the pain was for a second and a half, but the pure shock of it put my a** in check! Now, no matter what, if I'm on my feet, I'm in the robo-boot!!!

As far as my post op.....(drumroll please).......CHECK OUT MI FOOT.....





Yeah, yeah,  I know it isn't pretty, but it looks better than what I thought it would look. Let me tell you, when they took off the bandages and cleaned my foot off, it felt as though angels had kissed my foot, it felt so WONDERFUL!!!! They took x-ray's and the doctor said my healing looked really good and he was happy with my progress so I didn't have to be re-wrapped, and I can get my foot wet now, YAY!!! He said I have to stay in the boot for another week, but no more bandages, just a compression strap, so I'm cool.






 Oh and just an FYI, I did have a little pain and pressure in the top of my foot the past couple of days, but because the doc used tiny pins in the base of my 2nd and 3rd toes, he said that was ok and normal because my foot was getting used to being used again. So if you're having the same issue, don't fret, but let your doctor know, just in case!!!


Grub a grub grub....

As far as my diet, I did cheat a little during the weekend when I had chinese take out, but other than that, breakfast consists of boiled eggs and turkey bacon, or just turkey bacon, lunch is shrimp, fish, or chicken with salad, dinner is pretty much the same, except I may add some veggies, and snacks are apple sauce, fat free jello or pudding, or fruit shebert. I just ran out of shebert and applesauce, so to quench my sweet tooth, I have some whole fruit now. Oh yeah, and I drink LOTS AND LOTS of water.  I've gained one pound since last week, which sucks, but I really think it's because I've been on my butt almost the whole time. Next week I can start my stretching and light resistance exercises so I'm really excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment