Monday, June 11, 2012



June 11, 2012

Day One!!!

I'm going to start off by giving a little background about me. I am a thirty something woman, who for years have had to deal with these things called "feet" at the end of my legs. I'm a little taller than average women, so I understand the need for longer feet. Problem is, my toes are JACKED UP!!! When I was 12, my foot size shot up from a size 7 to a size 10 seemingly overnight, and I remember my mother and grandmother constantly complaining about how they have to buy women's shoes for a child (gee thanks!) Unfortunately, as my feet grew, I became more embarrased about my shoe size, so as I got older, I would say I was a size 9, when I was really a 10. This continued on through most of my adult life. I was always so self conscious of the size of my feet, that I often wore shoes smaller than I should have, and this caused many issues, including hammertoes and later, tailor's bunions. For some who may not know what hammertoes and tailor's bunions are, here is something to help:



Tailor's Bunion


So this is what I'm dealing with. Years of wearing ill fitting shoes has made it painful for me to wear shoes now. And now, I need surgery to correct 8 toes and bunionettes on my left and right feet.


Well, today I started my quest to step my game up. I went in to have my first surgery on my right foot today mainly because it is my "bad" foot. I'll give more details on that tomorrow, as I am on some serious pain meds.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment